This Santa Rosa map covers the best of this burgeoning city that still manages to hang onto its agricultural heritage.
1. Begin your day at Historic Railroad Square at #9 Fourth Street. Have breakfast at the pancake house. Shop and enjoy an espresso at one of the coffee houses.
The two wineries in central Santa Rosa are included on this day trip. For detailed information about more wineries and wine-tasting rooms nearby, stop at the Santa Rosa Visitor’s Bureau in the old train depot or take one of these other routes that include more wine-tasting, the Sonoma Valley Day Trip, the Healdsburg Area Day Trip, or the Russian River Day Trip. Visit Luther Burbank’s Home and Gardens at 204 Santa Rosa Avenue at Sonoma Ave.
2. Go north on Santa Rosa Avenue, which will turn into Mendocino Avenue. At 7th Street, turn left and go to the Sonoma County Museum at 425 7th Street.
3. Backtrack to Mendocino Avenue and turn left (north) to College Avenue. Turn left (west) on College and go to Highway 101. Take the north onramp (to your right). Get off Highway 101 at the Steele Lane exit. Go under the freeway and drive straight on Steele Lane for four blocks to Hardies Lane. The Charles M. Schultz Museum, Snoopy’s Gallery and Gift Shop, and the Redwood Empire Ice Arena are on the right.
4. Get back on Steele Lane and drive to Highway 101. Steele Lane will curve to your right and end right away at the signal at Guerneville Road. Turn left onto Guerneville and go back on Highway 101 North. Exit at the Airport Road offramp and go over the freeway, west to Laughlin. Turn left on Laughlin and go to Becker Blvd. The Pacific Coast Air Museum is at 2230 Becker Blvd.
5. Go back to Highway 101 South (towards Santa Rosa) and get off at the next offramp, Fulton Road. Kendall-Jackson Estates Winery will be on your right.
6. Continue south on Fulton Road to River Road. Turn left on River Road and head east. Follow the Santa Rosa map green route over Highway 101 and River Road will turn into Mark Springs West. The beautiful wooded hills make the drive up the winding road worth it. Mark Springs West Road turns into Porter Creek Road. Seven miles from Highway 101 you will come to the Safari West Wildlife Preserve and African Tent Camp at 3115 Porter Creek Road.
7. To see the Petrified Forest, continue up Porter Creek Road to the intersetion with Petrified Forest Road and follow the signs.
8. Backtrack to Highway 101 and go south on Highway 101 (towards Santa Rosa). Exit at the next offramp, Hopper offramp. Hopper ends at the signal. Turn left and go a couple blocks to the intersection with Industrial Drive. Turn left and go over Highway 101. You are now on Fountaingrove Parkway. Take the drive up the hill to Thomas Lake Harris Drive and turn left. Paradise Ridge Winery is 7/10ths of a mile on the left.
Come back down to Highway 101 where the green self-guided day trip on the Santa Rosa Map ends so you can decide where to have dinner and enjoy some evening entertainment.
For wine-country inspired dining make your way to one of these popular choices:
9. The John Ash & Company
10. Syrah Restaurant
11. V Monti’s Rotisserie & Bar
12. Willi’s Wine Bar
14. Or choose from a variety of casual dining options in the area
of Courthouse Square at 5th Street and Mendocino Avenue.
15. Live theater at 6th Street Playhouse, at 52 West Sixth Street.
16. Rialto Theaters on the east side of Santa Rosa for
independent, foreign and classic films.
Please feel free to print out this Santa Rosa map for your personal use.
Find more detailed information about the attractions on this Santa Rosa map.